All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 PCB Layout
 import bmp file to Easy-PC

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hodali Posted - 31 Jul 2011 : 21:36:28
How can I import the content of a bmp file to a specific layer?

Kind regards,

Daniel Hodali
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 12 Dec 2011 : 11:22:52
I've just fallen down this hole, i.e. my logo appears ok onscreen but not on the gerber. I'm sure there are many like me who would very much like the bitmap of a logo or whatever to actually appear on the gerber, so why does it not, surely this must go on the list of improvements for the next release?? What is the point of the function if it doesn't work? The imported (monochrome of course) bitmap shows fine on screen so wouldn't it be handy if the resulting gerber ressembled the screen appearance, and if for some reason it can't be made to then shouldn't there be some visual warning that appears during the importing to say so?
Iain Wilkie Posted - 04 Aug 2011 : 13:04:51
quote:
Originally posted by Benno

Iain,

Sounds interesting. Can that be done with all kind of graphics / logo's?

How do you convert a Graphic to true-type fonts?

I used logo's in documentation before, but found they cause problems when printing to PDF using the internal PDF. Printing to external PDF printer was OK. That was in V14, perhaps solved in V15.

Scaling was not possible in the drawing, so the True-Type could be nice.

There are programs available that allow you to make your own true-type fonts. There are also free trial programs that limit the number of charactors (not reall a problem for this task).

Iain
Benno Posted - 03 Aug 2011 : 22:32:20
Iain,

Sounds interesting. Can that be done with all kind of graphics / logo's?

How do you convert a Graphic to true-type fonts?

I used logo's in documentation before, but found they cause problems when printing to PDF using the internal PDF. Printing to external PDF printer was OK. That was in V14, perhaps solved in V15.

Scaling was not possible in the drawing, so the True-Type could be nice.
Iain Wilkie Posted - 01 Aug 2011 : 15:44:07

Opps Sorry, my mistake !!!! .... I forgot, I actually convert the logo to a true-type font charactor before dropping it into the design. This means you can scale it up/down without loosing resolution.

Sorry about the confusion....

Iain

davep Posted - 01 Aug 2011 : 12:28:33
It's fine if you don't need to use gerber output.
We usually etch in house using overhead transparencies at 1:1.
Silk screen and other 'layers' are used for documentation.
edrees Posted - 01 Aug 2011 : 10:56:17
Hi Iain, the (silk screen) bmp logo will not appear on the Gerber files, so this utility cannot be used to add logos to pcbs. I have however used import DXF successfully to import a logo onto the silk screen and this does appear in the Gerber plots.
Iain Wilkie Posted - 01 Aug 2011 : 10:28:22
Simply use the "add bitmap" utility ... you can put it on any layer you want, but usually it is the silk screen .... normally used to add logos etc.

Iain
edrees Posted - 01 Aug 2011 : 09:43:09
The BMP that you import will not appear on any Gerber output as Gerber is a vector format and incompatible with bitmap (BMP). I'm not really sure what the use of EasyPC ADD/Bitmap is for (unless only for "documentation" purposes). The BMP (or JPG) can be put onto any layer BEFORE it is "dropped" in position.