Help For Easy-PC Users
 General Issues
 How to go back to an earlier version?
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mjohnm

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 25 Jan 2018 :  07:04:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Trying to use V21 for the first time and I keep running into bugs that were not present in V20. How can I make the files I have changed in V21 readable in V20? Frankly, every time I update to the latest version I have difficulties and feel like I am doing Number One's debugging for them and paying for the privilege to boot. So why do I keep upgrading? Hoping that a long standing bug (random crashes when using outputs such as plotting and reports) will be fixed at last. Reminds me of the definition of insanity - repeating the same thing over and over but expecting a different outcome.
:(

mJm

Iain Wilkie

United Kingdom
1009 Posts

Posted - 26 Jan 2018 :  20:59:44  Show Profile  Visit Iain Wilkie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You can’t go backwards and open a V21 file in V20.

Iain
Go to Top of Page

mjohnm

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2018 :  16:23:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So once upgraded to a less stable more buggy version, we are stuck with it? That sucks!

mJm
Go to Top of Page

Iain Wilkie

United Kingdom
1009 Posts

Posted - 27 Jan 2018 :  16:53:48  Show Profile  Visit Iain Wilkie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Don't shoot the messenger !!

You can go back to V20 but you would need V20 (or less ) files. This is not unusual for files generated in a specific version cannot be used in previous versions.
I however have found V21 to be pretty stable with no real catastrophic issues and been running it since it launched last July.

If you find a bug it better to report it rather than using the forum.

Iain
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: