Libraries and Components
 Create Component Failure - Pull Down Menu
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

shadders

United Kingdom
223 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2009 :  20:46:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I have upgraded to v13.05, latest patch, since this problem also occurred in v13.04.

When i try to create a component, i cannot select the Package or the Default Reference pull down menu's.

I obtained a program crash on another task previously.

Have Windows XP Pro, SP3.

The previous crash related to OCX problem.

Is this a known bug, or should i install any Mircosoft patches/updates, .NET Framework update etc. ?. Thanks.

Regards,

Richard.

shadders

United Kingdom
223 Posts

Posted - 17 Dec 2009 :  23:27:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As an update, have removed Easy-PC 11, 12 snd 13, reinstalled, installed .NET Framework 2 SP2, Framework 3 SP2 and Framework 3.5 SP1, JRE6u17 - still not working.

Not sure what other dependencies there may be.
Go to Top of Page

Peter Johnson

United Kingdom
489 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2009 :  12:45:15  Show Profile  Visit Peter Johnson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
These two menus are populated from text files in the Easy-PC folder. It was decided some versions ago to supply these empty. This does NOT affect any existing components.

You can add your own contents in a text editor. You will need 'def_ref.txt' and 'package.txt'. The program will also remember any entries you make in the boxes when creating components.

Edited by - Peter Johnson on 21 Dec 2009 12:49:23
Go to Top of Page

shadders

United Kingdom
223 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2009 :  14:11:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Peter,

Thanks. My program must have been working on the previous versions texts - V11 or V12.

I have added a def_ref.txt file with each entry followed by a carriage return and this works. So i assume i have this correct ?.

If i do not create the def_ref.txt file, or the package.txt file, and add the entries into the create component boxes, will these files be automatically created ?. Thanks.

Regards,

Richard.

Edited by - shadders on 21 Dec 2009 14:12:13
Go to Top of Page

Peter Johnson

United Kingdom
489 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2009 :  14:44:43  Show Profile  Visit Peter Johnson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The files should already exist in the Easy-PC folder as part of the installation. Adding entries in the component editor does cause them to be added to the relevant file.

It's not a definitive answer, but in other places where automatically modified files are missing, they are replaced automatically, so I would expect it to be the case for these as well.
Go to Top of Page

shadders

United Kingdom
223 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2009 :  14:54:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Peter,

Yes - is now working - one file def_ref.txt already created was added to with entry in the relevant box, and package.txt was created when i entered the new entry into the relevant field.

Thanks.

Regards,

Richard.

Edited by - shadders on 21 Dec 2009 15:24:30
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: