All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 Libraries and Components
 Library Export Problem
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Iain Wilkie

United Kingdom
1011 Posts

Posted - 05 Dec 2011 :  08:22:05  Show Profile  Visit Iain Wilkie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I am trying to tidy up libraries. I have a library that has been added to willy-nilly over years. Footprints and schematic
symbols are in libraries are all over the place and I want to, as a first step, consolidate this lib into a new name where
all the symbols can be bound together.

To do this I decided to export all the components into an .elt file and then re-import into the new libs. This works but
only with certain blocks of components, if I take the whole library and export, when I re-import I get an error message, saying
a temporary file cannot be created. I fiddled about with this and found that for no real reason, some blocks of components import ok whilst others do not. Taking components singley seems ok, but thats not practical if you have 1000 to export !. I tried taking blocks of 10, again some import ok, others give the error message. Looked at the eported size of these blocks but nothing obvious.

I did note that some components may have missing symbols (lost in old deleted libs perhaps) but these seem to import ok, so I doubt if it is
that.

Anybody else had the same problem ?

Iain
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: