Help For Easy-PC Users
 PCB Layout
 Negative Print
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

rbuck

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2011 :  18:44:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is there a way to print a negative image of the board layout? I am using negative acting dry film and need a reverse image of the positive print that is displayed on screen.

I can't find anything in the help index or any options to allow that. I am using V14.0.6.

davep

United Kingdom
101 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2011 :  21:49:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Select output.
Select 'Windows' printer (not available for gerber).
Select layers as normal.
Select settings. There is an option 'Positive/Negative'. Use Button on left hand side of box and software will demonstrate positive and negative. Select as required.
Select position as required and Run.
Go to Top of Page

rbuck

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2011 :  22:39:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Dave. At first I couldn't select the Positive/Negative item as it refused to respond. I found out that I had to have the layer that I was printing selected in the left hand box. Once I did that I was able to select the Positive/Negative option.

The only problem with using Output instead of print is that it placed the printout down at the lower left side instead of the center of the page. I guess this is because it is following the Gerber X-Y start co-ordinates.

It would be nice to have the Negative option available from the Print menu. Maybe a feature for a future upgrade........

Ray
Go to Top of Page

davep

United Kingdom
101 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2011 :  18:35:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The last option allows you to select centre and rotate.
I find that it works more consistently than Print.
You can also output to a dummy printer (I use PDF995).
Go to Top of Page

rbuck

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2011 :  21:55:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dave,

Yes, I found that option a little while after I posted my last reply. I also had to play with the settings in order to get the drill holes to show up on the negative printout.

Thanks for your help.

Ray
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: