All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 Manufacturing Outputs
 Comp. refs rotated when printing?
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

n/a

41 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2012 :  11:04:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
V15 has just started rotating component refs 180degrees and then misplacing them when I try to print (on paper) but only it seems on components that are themselves orientated north-south. It was working fine 2 days ago and I haven't intentionally changed any settings. I should add that gerber plots still come out correct btw.

Anyone have any ideas what's happened please?

DavidM

United Kingdom
458 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2012 :  14:51:31  Show Profile  Visit DavidM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Can't see that anything would have changed in the program to cause that. You could look at Settings, Design Options, there is a checkbox there called 'Adjust Text Rotation' that tries to force text to be drawn to be readable from right or below. So a 180-rotated text item actually draws as if it is still at 0 degrees. I wonder if that is having some effect here?

If it happens on all designs then on the Plotting & Printing dialog, Options, Device Setup for Windows, there is another checkbox to do with rotating text. This one is not stored per-design but is a system setting held in your registry.

Failing that, I suggest you email your design and the problem description to Support and we'll take a look.

David
Go to Top of Page

edrees

United Kingdom
768 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2012 :  15:04:50  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
HRPeteG, -
Have you changed your Printer ? I use 2 Brother laser printers and they always have a similar problem to what you describe. David's "Adjust Test Rotation" is sometimes a bit hit and miss, so I now generally print as a PDF, then print the PDF onto paper. Saves messing about experimenting with "settings" every time I want a paper copy on which the text looks "right". Besides that, WYSIWYG after previewing the PDF!

Go to Top of Page

n/a

41 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2012 :  15:40:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
edrees

Nope, same printer, same PC, same network etc, hence the confusion!
I did try the pdf printing option - it worked as expected, even though the text suffered slight alignment problems which have already been discussed before elsewhere in the forum.

David

The odd thing about this was that the screen, gerber and pdf outputs were all fine, it was just the printing. Ticking the box in Design Options changes the screen so it wasn't that.

Thanks, it was the tick box in Device Setup for Windows, ticking that fixed the issue, but why would it need ticking now when it's never been ticked before and everything worked? I didn't try it before because there was no hint that it would just affect vertical text. It actually affects vertical text both in the component refs and text manually added elsewhere in the screen print, rotating both not about themselves but about some other apparently arbitrary point which is what causes the misplacement.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: