This FAQ covers two issues: Printing to FILE, and Printing to Postscript. Both issues are covered by the procedure below.
Easy-PC can print to Postscript and/or file. This is a standard feature of Windows and the printing mechanism.
You set it up like this:
- Click Start (from the Taskbar) | Settings | Printers
- Click Add Printer
- Follow the Wizard
- The attached Printer should be set to Local
- For the Manufacturer it is recommended that you use Apple and the Printer as Apple LaserWriter Plus (this driver is fairly generic but check your own requirements and do a test first)
- The output device in Available Ports should be set to FILE:
- After this, the device name and test page are not important
- Follow the Wizard to the finish page and click Finish
- You may need to have the Windows installation disk if you don't have the CAB files on the hard drive
When you select the Windows printer in Easy-PC now, choose this new printer driver which will now print a Postscript file to disk and not the printer. It will ask you for an output filename when run and will provide you with the .PS file extension.