There are several 'segment modes' which control the angle at which each segment of track or shape is laid down.
If you right-click when adding a track or shape, the Segment Mode submenu offers you several choices for how the segment pattern is laid down.
- Free : corners are placed where you click, with direct straight lines between each corner regardless of angle.
- Orthogonal : segments follow the shortest orthogonal path between the previous corner and the current position. Toggle between XY and YX using the Flip command.
- Right-angle : similar to Orthogonal, but when you place a corner both segments are laid down.
- Mitre : creates two segments, one orthogonal and one angled at 45 degrees. These alternate as each corner is laid down.
- Fillet : similar to mitre, but a 90-degree rounded corner is used instead of a 45-degree mitre.