All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 General Issues
 Version 15 Released

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
KevL Posted - 21 Jul 2011 : 13:47:12
No1 has the version 15 up on the homepage.

Anyone tried it yet. Panelisation looks like a useful feature, point and click renumbering may be the best upgrade ever.

K
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
edrees Posted - 02 Sep 2011 : 16:51:17
I've just discovered that the cursor keys don't "step" at the default 1/40 grid, - just like V14. I know there is a get around by defining user grids, but I'd thought things like this should have been mopped up with a squeeky clean new release. Oh well.
DavidM Posted - 27 Jul 2011 : 16:17:42
As always we have to take a balanced view on which features are implemented in each release. Currently we are carrying over 500 enhancement requests on our database so you can see that (a) there is no shortage of suggestions and (b) not much chance of us pleasing everybody all the time!

On the topic of the library setup, after prolonged discussion of all the possible scenarios we have actually implemented some changes that we feel should solve the main issue that had been raised, that of unknowingly using same-named symbols from other libraries.

Currently it is felt that this is not the 'expected' way of using libraries so the feature has not been made part of the normal update documentation. A document detailing the changes and how to enable and use them is available on request from support@numberone.com. You may feel this is not the right course to take but currently that is how its been done.

We realise however that we should have announced this as soon as V15 was issued, so that you would not have felt your wishes were being ignored.

David.
tswelectronics Posted - 22 Jul 2011 : 14:56:08
Hi. Was looking forward to a few changes this year. I didnt buy last years and will possibly invest this year. I like the panelisation feature. I think that will be useful. The other stuff seems maybe okay but nothing exciting.

Considering all the fuss about the library are we going to get some statement about it?

What also would be really nice is to get more file conversions. I sometimes get asked to convert between Altium or other cad formats. I dont really want to change. It would be great, even if it was an addon to get that facility to load in other cad formats.

Trev
KevL Posted - 22 Jul 2011 : 10:36:19
There is a note about a style editor. If this helps sort out the mess with styles then it is also going to be a great time-saver.

Pity there is not a detailed list of all changes - like there is from minor upgrade versions.

Is now the time to start the v16 improvement requests thread :-)

K
edrees Posted - 22 Jul 2011 : 09:46:41
No library improvement, no "intelligent" gerber import improvement. Panalisation is usually undertaken by the pcb manufacturer or photoplotter as they know better (or user can already do it manually), and trunk router is just an extension of the existing track hugging feature. On a more positive note, net class to class spacing will be useful. Hollow tracks are nice addition and the 3D viewer upgrade will be welcome. Will upgrade after other users have "tested" the software. What happened to all that feedback/suggestions the customers gave?
Iain Wilkie Posted - 21 Jul 2011 : 19:21:49
quote:
Originally posted by remi

Fantastic V15 is just as we feared...

no update on the library structure... It is like the feedback on the software is going nowhere...

My very thoughts ..... extremely deflated about this after all the hard effort that everyone put in to correct the library problems.

I have ordered my copy in the hope that there may be some "hidden" changes that have not been mentioned.

Iain
remi Posted - 21 Jul 2011 : 18:54:56
Fantastic V15 is just as we feared...

no update on the library structure... It is like the feedback on the software is going nowhere...
shadders Posted - 21 Jul 2011 : 14:08:25
Has anyone received the usual e-mail shot detailing costs to existing users etc ??

Regards,

Richard.