All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 General Issues
 Intelligent gerber input scaling imported designs

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
markpsu Posted - 10 Jan 2017 : 19:10:04
Hello, I have a design sent to me in gerbers that I'm trying to import into Easy-pc. The scale is off in the gerbers and I don't see any way to scale the design when importing it into easy-pc using the intelligent gerber import feature. Am I missing something? I know you can scale designs when importing DXF's.

6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
markpsu Posted - 27 Feb 2017 : 21:16:12
Ian,
Thanks, I was able to use FAB3000 to scale the Gerber files and everything came in as it should!
Iain Wilkie Posted - 19 Feb 2017 : 09:46:09
I have discovered that you can scale gerbers in FAB3000 and then re-export by selecting all the layers and applying the "scale" command and entering a scaling factor.

Iain
Peter Johnson Posted - 27 Jan 2017 : 13:13:27
Gerber and Excellon files are text files. Assuming that they're 274X format, there will be an embedded header like the one below:

%FSLAX25Y25*%
%MOIN*%

The first line describes two integers and five decimal places in each axis. The second describes the units as inches, with %MOMM% being the common one for metric in millimetres.

As you import each file, you can adjust the import parameters in the 'Format' section, but Easy-PC understands the header and will normally adjust them correctly. Unfortunately, Excellon files do not typically have a similar header, so you need to know the correct parameters. The easiest way of doing this is by using a third-party viewer. When the import parameters for the drill file(s) are such that the holes align with the Gerber plots, that's the correct parameters to use.

If you add the drill file first, Easy-PC will use it to interpret subsequent Gerber files as they're added, so the choices offered become more manageable.
Iain Wilkie Posted - 11 Jan 2017 : 19:35:50
Ed,
Cannot see any scaling options for gerbers at all. I will have a deeper dig into FAB3000 to see if there is anything hidden in there that might be able to acheive this.

Iain
edrees Posted - 11 Jan 2017 : 09:12:12
I wonder if a 3rd party Gerber importer/viewer can re-scale and then re-generate the Gerbers for you? Can you help Iain?
DavidM Posted - 11 Jan 2017 : 08:50:07
The only way to 'scale' incoming Gerber data is to alter the coordinate format to change the number of decimal places. The format is usually defined in the header portion of the file, which specifies the number of places for coordinates (e.g. 2.3 format), but you can override this on the import dialog if you need to.

David.