All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 Schematics
 Some form of macro data for sheets

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Benno Posted - 23 Mar 2007 : 11:45:34
Hi,

Is it in anyway possible to have sort of Macro data available to the schematic sheets in a project.

I currently use modified borders (A4 en A3) and would like to have project stuff like Project ID, Client etc added on a project level. Than by placing sort of a macro link in my schema template they would be available in the sheets.

Thanks
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Benno Posted - 13 Nov 2017 : 10:02:03
I doubt this will ever make it in EasyPC, since it is their base package. Also my other suggestions (macro's etc) to easier interact with the rest of the world will not be implemented (I think). Most can be done with reports, and a lot of manual labour.

I moved on and use Kicad now, including the CERN options in pcb. Not perfect either, but a large growing community. PCB got a lot of improvements and still gets them. Because the fileformat is open and well documented automating tasks is easy.

EasyPC still is a great package I think and support is great compared to the cost, but the extremely closed nature of EasyPC is not something that should exist in current times.
Scazon Posted - 10 Nov 2017 : 12:13:07
I can't see why this would be difficult- merely having a general purpose text macro where any text surrounded by delimiters - it's usually %'s, but anything that doesn't disrupt the EPC text interpreter will do- is replaced by the macro definition. EPC doesn't have to worry about where the text is- on schematic, on PCB, just dumbly replace %THINGY% with the string that THINGY refers to, which might contain numbers, spaces, anything except the delimiter. And if THINGY isn't defined, don't throw a wobbly, just replace %THINGY% with nothing at all. That's the way GCC make does it.
jlawton Posted - 01 Nov 2017 : 09:46:30
Like OrCAD for DOS did in the 'eighties you mean?

John
rvpilot Posted - 31 Oct 2017 : 09:42:08
BUMP! ... we are now in 2017 and we are on v21. Is this possible yet?

The number of designs I've done and the hours I've spent filling in title blocks with Title, Sheet Number, Drawn By, Drawn Date, etc

Can we have some fields for inserting into text fields that grab the file properties, i.e. %FILE_AUTHOR%, %FILE_KEYWORDS%, %FILE_COMMENTS%, , %FILE_TITLE%, %FILE_SUBJECT% and %FILENAME% (not the full path, just name and extension) would be a good starting point.

Some project level properties would be nice too! i.e. %PROJECT_TITLE%, %PROJECT_DESCRIPTION%, %PROJECT_REVISION%, %PROJECT_AUTHOR%, and %PROJECT_DATE%.
mwill195 Posted - 08 Nov 2011 : 22:35:49
Has this feature been added at all since this post?

I have many projects in Easy-PC with multiple schematic pages. I would love to be able to fill in a 'project properties' section somewhere and have it ripple through to various text fields in my page borders.

If I update one component in a 10-page schematic I have to go through updating the version and date on all pages individually. Ideally I need some global text fields, such as available in Microsoft products with their Document Information Panel.
Peter Johnson Posted - 26 Mar 2007 : 08:30:58
I suspected that you might be trying to do something like that. You're right, it isn't currently possible. There was a chance that you just wanted to link to external documentation, such as a pdf of a datasheet. That's where the 'Other Files' feature comes into its own.
Benno Posted - 26 Mar 2007 : 07:22:42
Peter,

I am not sure if I understand you correctly, of if I should have been clearer in my question.

What I am looking for is some automated way to fill in the footer in schematics. So stuff like project name etc.

In my previous schematic application I could specify this data on 1 location. In the different sheets I would add Fields (it was in my template) that would get filled automatically. Also pagenumbers where added automatic.

I understand the last is not possible (yet) in EasyPC?

Thanks

Benno
Peter Johnson Posted - 26 Mar 2007 : 05:06:27
If you open the project file, you'll see an entry in the tree for 'Other Files'. That's where you would put any links to other documents.

There's no provision at present for linking notes to a specific schematic, only to the project as a whole.