All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 Libraries and Components
 Will not load or save Design Tech File

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PeteJG Posted - 13 Nov 2017 : 10:23:13
I've put up with this for a while now but I'd really like a solution to why EZPC simply refuses to find the predefined Technology file, even though the file itself appears fine and the file path is absolutely correct? For example, if I try to load in a symbol for editing it says it can't find the tech file and I have to load it in without it.

I read in a previous topic that going into Settings, Folders, Technology Files, then hitting Edit and Cancel cleared the problem, but not here. I can click on the tech file in question, hit Edit and it comes up fine, but if I try to save it it says "Failed to save document". It also says this for ALL other files, even the Default one.

Am I missing some setting or something, or is my install messed up somehow? Mine is V19 if that helps.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
PeteJG Posted - 29 Nov 2017 : 17:44:51
Hi. Sorry, didn't see this reply till now. Right, ok, done that ......

Er, nope! If run as you suggest, then start a completely new project and create a new schematic, all is well and it apparently finds the tech file I choose to go with it at that point. Sounds good so far but it did that before. If I then try to create a new shape with the wizard, I still get the "Unable to open technology file "default.ptf" even though I selected that one to go with the schematic file and it apparently found it then.
ianafh Posted - 15 Nov 2017 : 16:34:17
Pete, that's not quite what I was trying to say. Right click on easyPC and select run as administrator. It's not the same as being logged in as the system administrator.

Ian.
PeteJG Posted - 15 Nov 2017 : 16:23:26
Yes I've hit the "throws up strange behaviour unless you're an administrator" problem before with other software. I am therefore running my machine as an Administrator, so sadly it's not that.
ianafh Posted - 13 Nov 2017 : 11:31:48
Try running EasyPC as administrator, then saving the files.

Something in the back of my mind says that was the workaround at the time. I think you only need to do it once.

Ian.
Iain Wilkie Posted - 13 Nov 2017 : 11:23:00
Might be a windows issue rather than EasyPC ?

Iain