All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 Manufacturing Outputs
 Multiple layers combined in Gerbers

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
RichOntic Posted - 05 Apr 2018 : 08:20:00
Hi,

I am using V21, and apologies if this has been asked before.

Having imported some Gerber files, and successfully edited the layouts. I then exported the design as Gerber RS-274-X files (our PCB house does not use X2 yet), and both them and myself have found that when viewing the top copper layer, it is a composite of the silk screen and bottom copper layer, all the other layers are OK.

Any ideas what is going on?

Thanks

Rich
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
RichOntic Posted - 05 Apr 2018 : 09:38:37
Thank you for your reply.

Having done some more investigating, and FOLLOW whats in the manual, the files are correctly exported, so it seems it was finger trouble on my part.

Thanks for your help.

Rich
edrees Posted - 05 Apr 2018 : 09:17:06
I suspect that in your Plotting & Printing dialogue, your "Layers" tab for the Top copper (or Bottom Copper/ Top silk) has both Top Copper/Bottom Copper & Top Silk Screen ticked in all the wrong places.
Also maybe your layer "Stack" (Design Tech=> Layers) is now different to what you expect.

Sounds unlikely that you have imported the Gerbers into both layers if you have successfully edited the layout.