All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 PCB Layout
 Track spacing when moving components

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DB17 Posted - 28 Aug 2018 : 16:01:17
In my PCB design, when I drag a component, the tracks on a layer stay tied to the component pads, which is great. But I find that the tracks connected to those pads aren't redrawn to keep adjacent nets separate when I move a component. This means that tracks are shorted to each other and have to be manually redrawn.

I thought that having the track spacing set to "10" in Settings/Design Technology/Spacings meant that the tracks would be re-drawn to maintain those spacings. Am I missing the way of enabling this feature?

(Apologies for posting so many questions. I 'm consulting the manual and program help menu but can't find the solutions.)
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
edrees Posted - 29 Aug 2018 : 09:24:31
quote:
I also saw that when I tried "Smooth Tracks", tracks with different names aren't redrawn over each other.

Although it says "Smooth Tracks", only 1 track can be smoothed at a time and only if it can do so without causing any Design Rule Errors. Same applies with "Pull Tight Tracks".

(I say without causing any DREs, but I think these can produce Acid Traps!).
DB17 Posted - 28 Aug 2018 : 16:46:16
quote:
Originally posted by edrees

The 10 is for Design Rule checking if you track copper closer than 10 it will flag up an error when you do a Design Rule Check.

It's not interactively auto-routing your board for you, so why would you expect it to shift all the other tracks if you drag other tracks across them?

EasyPC gives a warning when you attempt to join tracks with different net names at pads so I thought that the software might be capable of differentiating between tracks with different names when it came to routing. I also saw that when I tried "Smooth Tracks", tracks with different names aren't redrawn over each other.

Not to worry, I'll continue to redraw them manually when I move a component. Thanks for your help.
edrees Posted - 28 Aug 2018 : 16:20:37
The 10 is for Design Rule checking if you track copper closer than 10 it will flag up an error when you do a Design Rule Check.

It's not interactively auto-routing your board for you, so why would you expect it to shift all the other tracks if you drag other tracks across them?