All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 PCB Layout
 Copper pour outline

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DB17 Posted - 06 Sep 2018 : 10:38:35
My apologies, I have two copper pour questions, which I can't find an answer to in the user manual.

(1) When you do a copper pour associated with a net, all pads not associated with that net have a clearance around them, as defined in the rules. However, the outline of the pour appears to be bridge everything. An example is shown here: http://i65.tinypic.com/15rei38.jpg Is the outline going to be included when the plots are produced at the output stage?

(2) I noticed that if you do one pour associated with a net on one part of the board, then change the rules and do a second separate pour on another part of the board linked to the same net, the first pour also changes according to the updated rules. Is it possible to disable the first pour from the rule change?

Thank you.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
DB17 Posted - 06 Sep 2018 : 11:36:20
quote:
Originally posted by Iain Wilkie

As for 1 the answer is the outline is not part of the pour. If you create gerbers this line will be missing so no worry’s about shorts.

As for 2, you should be able to change the properties of each individual pour area but some global settings for the pour related to the net will affect all.

Iain

Cheers, Iain. That makes things a lot easier. Thank you for your help.
Iain Wilkie Posted - 06 Sep 2018 : 10:52:41
As for 1 the answer is the outline is not part of the pour. If you create gerbers this line will be missing so no worry’s about shorts.

As for 2, you should be able to change the properties of each individual pour area but some global settings for the pour related to the net will affect all.

Iain