All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 PCB Layout
 Custom Paste Being Ignored

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cicero Posted - 26 Nov 2018 : 14:27:30
Hi,

I'm using v21, and have previously made some customs paste pads (bullet type for passives etc) for a few components.

I produced a PCB with those custom pads just fine at the time, but I'm a few months down the line, reutilising those same library components, and the custom paste pads are not being pulled through.

I am at a loss as to why?! I've gone through the Design File Layer tabs and made sure that's all the same between both projects, and it still wont work.

I must be doing something stupid, so any suggestions will be appreciated.

Cheers Cicero
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cicero Posted - 28 Nov 2018 : 09:54:36
Ok will do, I'm convinced I'm doing something stupid....its just figuring out what.

Thanks
DavidM Posted - 28 Nov 2018 : 09:27:40
The easiest way for us to resolve this for you is if we can see the PCB design file. If you email it to support@numberone.com with a brief explanation we can take a closer look for you.

David.
cicero Posted - 27 Nov 2018 : 14:16:55
There is no exception field in the Layer Types tab, I still can't find anything different. Driving me mad.
edrees Posted - 26 Nov 2018 : 14:42:43
Hi.
Although your "Layers" may be the same, have you checked the settings for the solder paste under Layer Types? There's probably an "Exception" listed in the row for the Paste Mask.