All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 Manufacturing Outputs
 Another BOM generation query

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PeteJG Posted - 01 May 2019 : 10:49:12
Once upon a time, quite some time ago, I managed (somehow) to get EZPC to generate a BOM that included columns for Values from the library components, namely new ones I put on each which detail order codes from RS, Farnell etc. Now I simply can't do it and have to enter them manually. What am I doing wrong? I was using a much earlier version but have no idea now what it was.

Edrees - I just found a post from you from back in 2015 where you generated your own BOM template file. This file doesn't seem to work for me (V19) but the fact that you can make your own templates is interesting. Can it be tweaked to a) work with V19, and b) give me the option I need?
Thanks
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
DavidM Posted - 02 May 2019 : 08:42:33
In both BOM Composer and the 'older' custom reports you can choose which value names to output for a values column.

For BOM Composer, in the "Columns" listing just double-click on Value (or select it and click the pencil icon) and you should get to a dialog that lets you set up a list of value names to be used to fulfil that column, including setting the order of precedence.

For a custom report, there is a very similar dialog available if you edit the Value entry in the "Columns in the Report" portion of the Component List dialog.

David.
PeteJG Posted - 01 May 2019 : 15:32:34
It does of course offer a column titled "Value", but this isn't what I want.

I just realised that "Value" is a listed value(!), whereas my "RS Order Code" is not. This may be why I can't get it to output. Is it possible to extend the list to include my titles?
PeteJG Posted - 01 May 2019 : 15:29:40
Well I wasn't sure how to translate what you typed into an rft file so I copied & pasted it into wordpad and resaved it as such. Probably the wrong road to take!
V19 has a BOM Composer in it but I can't see any obvious options to include my values, and the V22 demo package which I tried doesn't seem to offer any promising options either?
edrees Posted - 01 May 2019 : 13:00:58
Hi,
I've found that the new (when was it introduced?) "BOM Composer" feature is vastly superior to the old style Output=>Reports =>BOM feature so I do not use my "custom" template anymore.
Not sure if "BOM Composer" was available in V19, but I would have expected my old templates to have worked in V19.