All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 PCB Layout
 Changing an object's centre of rotation

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DB17 Posted - 30 Jul 2020 : 21:36:45
I am laying out a board and want to position some LEDs so that the legs sit on the arc of a circle.

Is there any way to change the centre of rotation of the component so that it rotates about the centre of the circle (rather than about the centre of the component)?

I'm using Easy-PC 1000 Version 22.0.1

Thank you.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
DB17 Posted - 31 Jul 2020 : 16:42:21
quote:
Originally posted by edrees

If you go to (pcb) symbol editor and rotate the LED component 90 degrees, place the symbol origin mid-way between the LED pads and re-save, you will get what you want????

Yes!

Thanks for your help, edrees. I haven't used the polar grid before but I'm up and running now. Appreciate your help.
ianafh Posted - 31 Jul 2020 : 11:38:06
As edrees says, polar grid should do what you want.

If you eant to place on a regulat grid you can change the rotation of each component by editing the component properties.

Ian.
edrees Posted - 31 Jul 2020 : 11:30:31
If you go to (pcb) symbol editor and rotate the LED component 90 degrees, place the symbol origin mid-way between the LED pads and re-save, you will get what you want????
DB17 Posted - 31 Jul 2020 : 10:59:32
Thanks, Ed. for your suggestion, which I have tried. I found that the LED holes snap to the polar grid but I can't rotate the LED so that it's tangential to the circle. It's a bit tricky to explain so I've uploaded a sketch of my desired layout here: https://ibb.co/bNSDRBK

You can see that the holes sit on concentric circles. (I can do everything manually with a lot of calculation I guess but I was hoping that their might be a quicker way.)
edrees Posted - 30 Jul 2020 : 22:32:10
Have you tried using "polar" grid set up?
Set origin as circle center, the LEDs should then align as you desire (I think!).

Edit. Yes it does! Specify the "Divide Circle Into (xx) Steps" and you're ready to go!