All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 Manufacturing Outputs
 BOM Composer Busted!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DanWiggins Posted - 13 Aug 2020 : 16:32:50
Went in to create a new template, saved it so I could try it. Didn't work, so I went back to BOM Composer to try it again and now there are NO templates around.

Go to the "Default Templates" directory - nothing there. Everything was blitz.

Using V22 of EasyPC.

In general, I've found BOMs to be the Achilles heel of EasyPC. They are, put simply, terrible. I cannot get them ever to work right. I want a BOM where every component has its own line (yes, that means sometimes I'll have 15 lines with the exact same part listed), and it also dumps out the custom values I put in (I use DPN - the Digikey Part Number).

Never been able to make that work, ever - and now my BOM Composer is completely borked. Do I need to re-install?
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Iain Wilkie Posted - 14 Aug 2020 : 09:00:43
Same as you Ed .... the old reports method was really awkward to set up, so I like yourself always use the BOM Composer which I have to say is a breeze to use.

Iain
edrees Posted - 13 Aug 2020 : 16:52:28
I think there was a major improvement to the OUTPUT =>BOM Composer in V23.

Previously, I used my own custom template in OUTPUT=>Reports but it tool me a long time to optimize the template file to get the format the way I wanted, but I did get there in the end.

Nowadays, I just use the improved BOM Composer, import it into Excel (or rather Calc in Open Office) to tweak it to exactly as I require.