All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 General Issues
 Nortons removing easypc dll

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
AndyB Posted - 01 Oct 2020 : 11:11:46
Looks like my Nortons has decided to remove various EasyPc Dll's again.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Ampdoctor Posted - 01 Oct 2020 : 13:41:26
Depending on what OS you are running a change of AV software may resolve the issue.
On W10 the inbuilt MS AV seems to work fine in conjunction with MalwareBytes.

I wouldn't normally have trusted MS but my computer guy who sorts my PC's when they have issues recommended I use it and he's usually pretty much spot on.

So far it's protected 4 computers running since mid 2017 without any problems.

When we ran XP, AVG did a great job. Can't comment on W7, 8 and 8.1 as we made the leap from XP directly to W10.
Peter Johnson Posted - 01 Oct 2020 : 12:21:33
The problem here isn't the software. As the amount of malware increases, so do the detection strings, and the complexity of heuristic detection algorithms. It's inevitable that sooner or later, the detection strings used will match innocent code in other software, giving a false positive.

There's never baan a confirmed positive in any code supplied by Westdev, but false positives do occur relatively frequently. The best thing is to let the antivirus supplier know, advising them that Westdev will happily provide them with any test resources they need for investigation.

Meanwhile, isolate your machine from external connection, disable the anti-virus program, install, then re-enable the antivirus. That's usually enough to circumvent the problem.
edrees Posted - 01 Oct 2020 : 11:30:58
McAfee is also giving me occasional warnings about EPCWin.EXE, it thinks its "Malware"!