All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 PCB Layout
 Problem with version 24

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
dgeorge Posted - 04 Oct 2020 : 20:05:52
Recently purchased and installed v24. Discovered today that net unfinished connections are missing in PCB view. Clue to problem is that the connections appear transiently when components on PCB are selected and moved -- connections are visible as long as component is being moved but disappear when component is un-selected. Tried Tools/OptimizeNets several times, -- no help. Investigated options in View/NetConnections and in SettingsAndHighlights -- no help! Finally discovered that running DesignRuleCheck with Nets selected and fixes the problem temporarily. Net connections remain available but changes in any net do not appear in the PCB connections no matter how many times you try to "Optimize Nets." Only solution is to run design-rule check again. I am expecting a v24 version update soon as this is apparently a broken issue in version 24.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Iain Wilkie Posted - 05 Oct 2020 : 09:03:44
Under DISPLAY/SETTINGS AND HIGHLIGHTS ensure Connections is ticked.
Also in Design Technology NETS tab that the Show Connection Column is all "YES"

Iain
dgeorge Posted - 04 Oct 2020 : 22:13:23
Update to previous post. The difficulty lies in the menu View/NetConnections. Apparently EasyPC assumes all unfinished connections are on the top side of board. If 'On Bottom Side' is clicked, all unfinished connections disappear from the PDB view and do not re-appear no matter what is done, until you revisit the menu and select either 'On Bottom Side' or 'On Any Side' or 'On Top Side.' NOTE that clicking 'Show All' does NOT show all net connections -- as far as I can determine, it shows none. I find the menu under View/NetConnections a bit illogical. It is also difficult to tell whether the choices 'Only Within View', 'On Any Side', 'On Top Side' and 'On Bottom Side' are checked or not and whether those choices are combined or unique.