All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 Easy-Spice Simulation
 SPICE downloads from manufacturers

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Allan Posted - 20 Feb 2007 : 07:56:21
I'm attempting to download an amplifier spice model from Analogue Devices. The file, OP213F_cir, has a .txt extension after saving. How can I convert this to a lib extension for import into Easy-PC?

Thanks, Allan
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Peter Johnson Posted - 06 Mar 2007 : 04:19:42
It sounds as though you've slipped into the error I mentioned in my last post on this thread. The Spice model isn't automatically recognised by Easy-PC, just by Easy-Spice. In Easy-PC you need to build a component in the normal way, and add extra values to link the Easy-PC model to the Spice model you imported. These would be:

SpiceDevice=X
SpiceModel=OP213F
SpicePinOrder=(see below)

SpicePinOrder depends on the order the model expects you to use for the connections, and the names you have given those pins in your component. Details of using this are in the Spice manual, but as it's specific to the device, you'll need to email or call technical support if you need the exact command.

Peter Johnson
Technical Support
Number One Systems
Allan Posted - 06 Mar 2007 : 03:12:30
David,

Thanks. I downloaded the OP213F.cir file from their website. However, when saving there's a choice of html or txt. After saving to txt I renamed the extension to .cir (shown in Models under extensions). When I attempt to open this file in a schematic I get a message saying 'PCB Only Components can be added to SCM'.
Do, you have a step-by-step instruction sheet with an example?
Also do you have any training courses?

Allan
Peter Johnson Posted - 22 Feb 2007 : 08:43:31
From the command shell you can use [File], [Options], [General] to view the acceptable file extensions on the 'File Extension' tab. Your library file should be one of these.
In [File], [Model Library], [Remove Libraries], you can see all the current paths and file extensions. If your library matches one of the wildcards, then it has been recognised and catalogued. Under [Model Library], [View Models] you will probably find the devices in the 'not catalogued' section.

They WON'T appear in the regular Easy-PC libraries. That part requires you to build a matching component with the relevant value entries to link to Easy-Spice.

Peter Johnson
Technical Support
Number One Systems
Allan Posted - 22 Feb 2007 : 08:20:18
David,

I renamed the Op213_cir.txt file to the same with a lib extension but it could not be imported, copy and pasted, or entered using the Command Shell/File/Model library/Add.

Is there a definitive instruction for this downloading/importing procedure or, alternatively, does the Analogue file need editing to be compatible?

Thanks, Allan
DavidM Posted - 20 Feb 2007 : 09:19:20
Allan,

If it really is a model file as our Spice expects, then you should just be able to rename the file to change its type.

David Manns
Technical Support
Number One Systems