All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 PCB Layout
 Block solder paste from copper areas

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
rbuck Posted - 17 Apr 2016 : 22:07:50
I have created two library parts that have copper pour areas in them. The pour areas are not pads, just copper. I need to prevent solder paste from being applied to those areas.
I created a separate solder mask layer to prevent solder mask from being applied to the pads. I was able to figure out how to do that.
I also created a separate solder paste layer. But I can't figure out how to block the paste from those pads. I read a couple of posts about pad exceptions but I don't think that applies since these pour areas are not pads.
Any help would be appreciated.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
edrees Posted - 23 Feb 2021 : 09:50:15
Goto Design Tech then Layer Types.

For the Solder Paste row you will see what items are allowed solder paste. There will be at least one item that you should apply "No" to.

This should sort out your problem.
Geotech Posted - 23 Feb 2021 : 01:59:06
This is exactly what I want to do as well. I created the solder paste layers and created pad exceptions. It works fine within Easy-PC but the exceptions are ignored when creating Gerbers. That is, the paste is still applied to the pads.

Edit: Using V24.0.3
rbuck Posted - 18 Apr 2016 : 16:03:41
Thank you Iain. That worked. Your suggestion to set the paste size to zero was the key. I was looking for an option "no paste" but obviously that doesn't exist.

Thank you.

Ray
Iain Wilkie Posted - 18 Apr 2016 : 10:40:19
Just apply an exception to the pads on the paste layer. Set the paste size to zero.

Iain