All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 Libraries and Components
 Empty Footprint Library

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tomg214 Posted - 26 Mar 2018 : 14:53:17
Hello, My footprint library file (.psl) is suddenly empty! The file remains but, with only 4KB of something in it. No footprints, though. I was adjusting a Technology file when I noticed it. Seems I would have noticed if I were about to delete my entire FP library.
I've checked out all the folder paths, the recycle bin and just about anything else I could think of. I've been using EPC for several years now so, I'm not exactly a novice.
I've just never had anything like this happen before.
Waiting for IT to show up and help recover the lost footprints. I know this is a longshot but, I wondered if anyone has experienced anything like this and if there is a way to recover the lost files within Easy-PC. I can't imagine having to rebuild years of custom footprints and I WILL be coming up with another form of backup for special days like these. I would welcome any suggestions (or consolation). Thank you!

Tom
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Iain Wilkie Posted - 26 Mar 2018 : 21:47:34
I have an automatic backup system for my EPC libraries which runs every evening and backs up to no less than 3 completely separate destinations.
Call me paranoid !

Iain
tomg214 Posted - 26 Mar 2018 : 18:55:51
Thank you for the responses! Although IT was able to recover the lost data, I still don't know what I did (and I do assume it was something I inadvertently did).
I will, however, be paying much closer attention in the future. I also backed up my files in another location just to be safe. Thank you again! Hopefully my next inquiry will be an intelligent question and not "blunder panic".
Regards,
Tom
edrees Posted - 26 Mar 2018 : 15:05:16
Hardly any consolation really, but you can still re-import the footprints from existing EasyPC layouts as a last resort.

Hope you find your "lost" folder(s), -I can't imagine that EasyPC would wipe it for accidentally.
DavidM Posted - 26 Mar 2018 : 15:04:11
One thing to try (although it won't help you recover your data): copy that .PSL file to a .PSY file extension, then use File Open to try and open the PSY file. If it does indeed open, it should show a PCB symbol. What this means is that somehow you have managed to save a single PCB symbol over your footprint library file.

It is also worth noting that you can import footprint data from any PCB design file using the Add File button on the Library Manager dialog. Every PCB file is self-contained in terms of all the library data used, so each PCB carries around its own copies of the components and pcb symbols.

Good luck with restoring the backup.