All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 PCB Layout
 Layer Colours Different

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Iain Wilkie Posted - 01 Sep 2018 : 14:14:15
I imported a customers design. In the PCB editor he used a different set of layer colours to me so I loaded a my own colour file in the Display settings.

Great the PCB now is in the colours I use .... BUT the colours in the dockable layers bar are the originals !!! very confusing.

Anyone know if this is a bug or know how to get round it ??

Iain
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
DB17 Posted - 03 Sep 2018 : 17:55:29
quote:
Originally posted by edrees

A "net connection" is the thin yellow elastic band connection which is selectable under View=>Net Connections. It isn't the routed copper track which cannot be individually hidden (apart from the whole layer). You could temporarily assign a Track Segment width of zero to (all) parts of it.

Thanks edrees. I'll stop looking for a way to do this.

I really appreciate all the help that you have given over the last week.
edrees Posted - 03 Sep 2018 : 17:34:58
A "net connection" is the thin yellow elastic band connection which is selectable under View=>Net Connections. It isn't the routed copper track which cannot be individually hidden (apart from the whole layer). You could temporarily assign a Track Segment width of zero to (all) parts of it.

DB17 Posted - 03 Sep 2018 : 17:02:03
quote:

@DB17
This is unrelated, in future start a new thread.

Answer to your question is YES.
Hit F1 => Index, type "View Net Connections" - you will learn more that way rather than continually asking fairly basic questions on the forum.

Thanks edrees. I am conscious that I'm asking lots of questions. My apologies and thanks for your patience.

I did try "View Net Connections" before posting. I can select a net and highlight it. However, when I click on View/Net Connections/Hide Selected, I can still see the net on the screen. Nothing disappears. I figured that I must be doing something wrong.

(I will observe the forum protocol with regards to future questions.)
edrees Posted - 03 Sep 2018 : 16:42:00
@DB17
This is unrelated, in future start a new thread.

Answer to your question is YES.
Hit F1 => Index, type "View Net Connections" - you will learn more that way rather than continually asking fairly basic questions on the forum.
DB17 Posted - 03 Sep 2018 : 15:37:34
quote:

Too many "switches" doing the same thing. Layers tab and True Width is also inconsistent with "Display". Accordingto Tech Support they work as intended. Beats me!

Slightly related, I know you can hide individual layers but can you make the tracks associated with one particular net invisible? I want to view all tracks except those connected to GND.
edrees Posted - 01 Sep 2018 : 19:47:00
Too many "switches" doing the same thing. Layers tab and True Width is also inconsistent with "Display". Accordingto Tech Support they work as intended. Beats me!
Iain Wilkie Posted - 01 Sep 2018 : 19:24:58
Hi Ed,

Yup you bang on .... but why ?????

Iain
edrees Posted - 01 Sep 2018 : 14:23:41
Hi Iain,
Had this problem all along.
Try changing the layer colours in Design Tech=>Layers. Think you'll find all the colours will then agree.
BR.