All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 Libraries and Components
 Associated Parts

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Brandon Posted - 13 Feb 2019 : 09:49:28
Has anyone had any joy with the Associated parts feature?

Twice now I have added parts to two different existing components. Once a few days ago, and again today, having allowed my mind to forget the panic that ensued.

Upon adding the associated parts, when I try to add the component to my schematic, Easy-PC crashes and closes. When I reopen it, my user component library is corrupted, to the point that I have no components in it. (the first time there were a few, today none, I think its corrupted at the point where the file exists)

The way to fix it, is to resave the original component, without the associated parts.
Voila! my user library is back.

I shant be using this very useful feature again...……

Easy-PC version 22.0.4

Any one with a helpful comment?

regards

Brandon

Brandon
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Neil Posted - 12 Mar 2019 : 13:35:02
Just to record here, I have encountered the same issue with the Associated Parts feature.

This is with V22.0.4.

To expand, I encountered the schematic environment closing and the component library becoming corrupted upon actioning Update Component on a part which had had associated parts added at the component level in the library.

Additonally, adding associated parts via component properties at the design level in either schematic or pcb environment does not give correct results. Associated parts are seen in BOM Composer but no value fields are populated. I did once get the description field to populate in the BOM but can't repeat that since the library got corrupted for the second time. Forward Design Changes does not copy associated parts settings from sch to pcb. If associated parts are added to sch and pcb then integrity check fails.

So all around Associated Parts (while being a great idea and potentially very useful) simply does not work.
Brandon Posted - 13 Feb 2019 : 16:57:36
quote:
Originally posted by DavidM

To be honest, your best bet is to report this (with relevant data files) to support@numberone.com and the team will investigate and sort out whatever is going wrong.

David.

Ok, thanks I'll try that.

Brandon
DavidM Posted - 13 Feb 2019 : 10:22:26
To be honest, your best bet is to report this (with relevant data files) to support@numberone.com and the team will investigate and sort out whatever is going wrong.

David.