All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 Manufacturing Outputs
 Can't edit my drill table

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
frevoredo Posted - 22 Feb 2021 : 19:30:53
Hi everyone, having trouble editing my drill table. When I try to open the drill table file (Drillident.did) nothing shows up. It looks like windows has the table defined as a notepad file and I get this:
12700|0|3|12700|0|BE|Normal
12700|1|AA|0|25400|25400
33020|1|AB|0|25400|25400
....etc

Does anyone know which executable file I can use to edit this in Easypc in stead of notepad, or how I get Easypc to read this file as a table? P.S. I using the latest version.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
frevoredo Posted - 23 Feb 2021 : 14:25:08
That did it!!!!
Thanks Edrees.
edrees Posted - 23 Feb 2021 : 13:57:51
OK I see your issue now.

Goto Plotting & Printing, Options, then bottom left hand corner you'll see Setup Sizes & Symbols where you can edit the shapes of your Drill Idents.
frevoredo Posted - 23 Feb 2021 : 13:27:52
Thanks for responding Edrees. The settings are fine as they are, with respect to hole and pad sizes, the problem is that every item on the drill table has the same shape and doesn't distinguish one hole from another. when I try to change a hole from a triangle to a square the table doesn't show up nor do the drill IDs. I have no way to manipulate this table. According to the manual under "drill Table Entries" I should see this table and be able to make the changes, but nothing shows up when I follow the instructions. Unfortunately there is no way in this forum for me to post an image of what I'm referring to. "Settings=>Design Tech=>Pad Styles" doesn't give me the option to change the ID or the Shape of the symbol for the hole.
edrees Posted - 23 Feb 2021 : 09:42:43
Why do you want to edit this file? Its part of the Plotting & Printing configuration files and not ment to be edited with "Notepad".

If the drill sizes are wrong or need to be tweaked, use Settings=>Design Tech=>Pad Styles and edit the pad details there. You can then select the drill table and (right click) Update Drill table to reflect the changes you made earlier ( or delete it, then add it back again).