All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 PCB Layout
 component position report

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
robynaston Posted - 23 Apr 2021 : 07:23:29
I've just sent a surface mount pcb to jlcpcb.com for component loading. They asked for a component position report which includes component rotation for their pick and place table. They give a picture of how their system interprets the information and several components were 180 degrees out, placed upside down or backwards. How do I correct this??
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
edrees Posted - 23 Apr 2021 : 10:31:49
I would suggest that you start by looking at your components in the Component Editor and checking that the orientation (portrait/lanscape/up/down etc.) of the components used on your design is at least consistent.

You could also compare the orientation of your components on the Component Positions Report (using Notepad/Excel) checking in particular the components the Fab company has highlighted.

Also, worth checking that you have added a "Placement Origin" in the middle of each s/mount component otherwise EasyPC assumes a geometric middle from the silk screen (which may not be the actual component middle in some awkward shaped components).