All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 Auto-Routing
 HASP key not recognised on 64 bit O/S

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Peter Johnson Posted - 29 Oct 2009 : 13:22:59
Aladdin support have advised this procedure if you encounter a problem with the HASP driver on 64 bit Vista or Windows 7:

1) Download two tools from the Aladdin ftp site and unzip their contents (each zip contains a folder with a program in it)

ftp://ftp.aladdin.com/pub/hasp/srm/Runtime_%28Drivers%29/HASP_SRM_Run-time_Environment_Removal_Tool.zip

ftp://ftp.aladdin.com/pub/hasp/srm/Runtime_%28Drivers%29/HASP_SRM_Runtime_cmd_line.zip

2) Remove the key from the machine

3) Start a command prompt in admin mode, by finding command prompt under Accessories on the Start menu and choosing 'Run As Administrator' from the right-mouse menu.

4) From the command prompt, navigate to the folder for the removal tool, and run it (the program is called aksinstdel_windows.exe).

5) Now navigate to the folder for the runtime tool, and run this:
haspdinst -i -kp

6) Assuming everything reports success, now plug in the key. This will probably report the usual Windows 'installing driver' messages, then the key should be working.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
shadders Posted - 29 Aug 2013 : 15:53:30
Hi,

The second link does not work- is the zip file at the second link important ?

Thanks and regards,

Shadders.