All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 Manufacturing Outputs
 IDF to STEP or IGES

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hodali Posted - 30 Jul 2012 : 08:15:18
My mechanical cad system does not import IDF files. Does anyone know an excellent converter which can convert IDF files to STEP or IGES ?
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Iain Wilkie Posted - 28 May 2018 : 18:00:12
Time has moved on since this original post.

Just wondering if anyone now can recommend a way of creating a STEP file from EPC using the IDF or DXF outputs ?

Iain
edrees Posted - 31 Jul 2012 : 09:28:07
Hodali, with that many "translations" of formats. I think that you possibly end up with some form of data corruption. This has happened to some of my 3D CAD mechanical colleagues in the past when translating formats.
hodali Posted - 30 Jul 2012 : 12:45:04
google sketch cannot generate STEP. I used the converter to export to Collada file. Blender (free of charge ) can import Collada files (extension: dae) and save them to 3DS or WLR files. Then I can import the 3DS file or WLR file to Turbocad and save it as STEP or IGES.

quote:
Originally posted by Benno

I believe RS has a free converter to transfer to google sketch. Afaik google sketch can export to STEP.

Benno Posted - 30 Jul 2012 : 12:13:08
I believe RS has a free converter to transfer to google sketch. Afaik google sketch can export to STEP.