All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 General Issues
 Add ESD Caution Symbol
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

tomg214

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2019 :  12:52:15  Show Profile  Visit tomg214's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've been asked to duplicate an old undocumented PCB. It has an ESD Caution symbol on it (with the hand). I found plenty of symbols online but, not one that I can easily import into EPC. Most seem to be PDFs. Is there a place where I can find this symbol ready to import? Thank you!

Tom

edrees

United Kingdom
763 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2019 :  12:59:50  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You will need to covert the graphic into a DXF format before importing it into EPC.

Have a look here for some suggestions,-
https://www.numberone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=873
Go to Top of Page

tomg214

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2019 :  13:17:28  Show Profile  Visit tomg214's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That you, EDREES! I found more info regarding this after I posted. I was just able to convert the PDF to DXF in AutoCAD. Now lets see if it imports. Thanks again! Tom
Go to Top of Page

Peter Johnson

United Kingdom
488 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2019 :  14:30:45  Show Profile  Visit Peter Johnson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Tom

One or two rabbit holes with DXF import.

Firstly, Easy-PC doesn't handle complex curves, so if a graphic has any ellipses or Bezier curves (splines), these will need to be converted before import to 'polylines' or they'll just be ignored..

Secondly, you can scale during import, but not once it's imported, so you might need to go round the loop until it's the right size.

Thirdly, and less importantly, if you want to fill a loop, it needs to be a closed shape. Unfortunately, the way DXF is constructed, it's very common for an apparently closed loop to be constructed from several independent sections. Following import, as long as two adjacent sections use the same style, you can select both (<Shift+Ctrl+click>) and use the 'Join Shapes' function on the right click menu. The proximity for this to work can be adjusted under [Settings], [Preferences]. Once all the bits are joined, you can force it closed using the shape properties so you can fill it.
Go to Top of Page

Peter Johnson

United Kingdom
488 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2019 :  14:32:13  Show Profile  Visit Peter Johnson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
BTW, just drop a message to support if anyone would like a DXF copy of a WEEE symbol ready to import...
Go to Top of Page

tomg214

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 04 Feb 2019 :  14:55:09  Show Profile  Visit tomg214's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Peter, Long story short... I was unable to import the dxf I created into EPC. Says "no data to import". OK, so I'm not an AutoCAD expert. I will try requesting this from support as you suggested as I'm almost out of hair. Thank you! Tom
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: