Help For Easy-PC Users
 General Issues
 One Drive
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

AndyB

United Kingdom
208 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2020 :  13:07:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Easy PC seems to be holding Onedrive up.It's throwing up an error saying it cant update files as being used by EasyPC. I have now lost files but luckily BAK files have. Is this going to be resolved at somepoint.

Peter Johnson

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2020 :  09:39:42  Show Profile  Visit Peter Johnson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In common with most programs, when Easy-PC has a file open for editing, it also locks it for exclusive access. The reason for this is to prevent two users accidentally working on the same design at the same time and overwriting each other's work.

By putting a lock on, of course it prevents other programs from accessing the file, but it's there for a good reason. Perhaps this complaint would be better addressed to Microsoft, as now they're trying to get users to use web-based storage, they need to have a category of file lock which prevents accidental clashes but allows backup utilities to access files when necessary. Unfortunately, at present there's no intermediate option, it's either fully accessible, or it's locked.
Go to Top of Page

AndyB

United Kingdom
208 Posts

Posted - 16 Jun 2020 :  16:26:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Peter, Thanks for replying.
Maybe you could have a setting that switches that multiple user/constant update locking feature off for us single users.
It would be more help to me than locking out of multiple users.

It's advantageous for having backup on the cloud.

If anybody else here thinks this may be a good option please speak up :)

I know that this would make EasyPC flow a lot better and not stall/lose data when using cloud backup.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: