Help For Easy-PC Users
 PCB Layout
 board outline
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jgrosjean

USA
7 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2022 :  02:29:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I created a board outline for my pcb, but when I generate the Gerber plot, the outline is not correct. The left side passes through the pcb, and it is not the correct size.

edrees

United Kingdom
766 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2022 :  09:37:07  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very strange! Have you checked the settings for all layers under Plotting & Printing=> Position?

How are you viewing your Gerbers? Try Ucamco.com. If you are using a third party "simulated pcb viewer" (e.g. from Eurocircuits) they often get the pcb outline incorrect.

Try adding a (top & bottom) silk screen pcb outline (superimposed on the pcb outline) to see how that compares.

Go to Top of Page

Peter Johnson

United Kingdom
490 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2022 :  16:11:46  Show Profile  Visit Peter Johnson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thiis is my personal opinion, but over the years I've been assisting with Gerber plots, the viewer which has had most instances in incorrect display is GerbV. They're usually pretty good about fixing these instances, but it's odd that this viewer seems so much more prone to errors than others.

A caveat. If you're looking for alternative viewers, it's best to trawl forums to find which are highly regarded. A small minority are fake, intended to plant trojans, so please be careful and research any new ones!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: