All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 General Issues
 V27 Component Search Dockable Bar doesn't appear
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

jlawton

United Kingdom
107 Posts

Posted - 31 Aug 2023 :  18:27:52  Show Profile  Visit jlawton's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just upgraded to V27
Reading the V27 supplement, Chapter 2 SnapEDA Component Content Interface.

Component Search is supposed to be listed in the list of Dockable Bars but it isn't. I have created a SnapEDA.com account, but can't proceed to try this out.

Incidentally where the V27 Supplement discusses accessing the interface, this appears to show the menu structure for the pcb layout rather than in schematic which is where I would use Component Search.

John

edrees

United Kingdom
768 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2023 :  09:35:36  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi John,
Win 11, V27.0.

I have "Component Search" available in both Schematic and PCB Editor.

Goto dockable bar.
Right click and its in drop down menu.

Caused "lock up" first time I used it, but seems to work OK since.
Hope this helps.

Go to Top of Page

jlawton

United Kingdom
107 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2023 :  12:22:56  Show Profile  Visit jlawton's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Edrees,
thanks for looking.

I think you meant left click on Dockable Bars, but nevertheless Component Search simply doesn't appear as an item in the list.

I forgot to mention that I had an install issue where the Webview2 component was missing, see: https://www.numberone.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1430 this originally gave errors when starting the program. I don't know whether this missing component causes an install issue with EPC causing Component Search to be missed off the menu but it is a possibility.

I tried 'Repairing' the install but that hasn't helped - possibly I will need to remove and re-install V27.

Maybe No.1 support will comment before I do that?

John
Go to Top of Page

edrees

United Kingdom
768 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2023 :  12:39:58  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No John, -RIGHT click on the "GOTO" tab in the dockable bars for GOTO drop down menu for Component Search (well it is on my set up anyway!).

Edit. Actually, right click on any blank area of the Dockable Bar brings up the same drop down menu!

Edited by - edrees on 01 Sep 2023 12:44:19
Go to Top of Page

jlawton

United Kingdom
107 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2023 :  15:10:57  Show Profile  Visit jlawton's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Aha, thank you.

a bit obscure for me, I doubt I would have ever found it, but yes, Component Search does appear there and appears to work. Interestingly there is no icon associated with it which is odd.

However Component Search still doesn't appear in the list using the menu sequence:
View - Dockable Bars - (Component Search)

So I still think there is an installation issue on my machine.

John

John
Go to Top of Page

jlawton

United Kingdom
107 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2023 :  18:37:54  Show Profile  Visit jlawton's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Seeing as the installer Repair function didn't fix this, I gave up and uninstalled every instance of Easy-PC in the software list (via Control Panel). I had V22,23,24,25,26,27 listed there and I uninstalled all the entries found.

I then installed V27 and voila, Component Search appears in the list of Dockable bars.

I'd be surprised if I'm the only person that has had this issue, but anyway it seems to be fixed by the clean install.

John
Go to Top of Page

Iain Wilkie

United Kingdom
1011 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2023 :  19:40:10  Show Profile  Visit Iain Wilkie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I had the same problem and contacted support and this got me fixed .... a bit too late for you now I guess ....

That's probably the program respecting the original menus.  It does happen sometimes, especially if there's been customisation.

Please go to [Settings], [Customise] and on the 'Menus' tab, reset the menus for whatever design mode you're using.  That should sort it out.
--
Regards

Peter Johnson
Technical Support
Number One Systems

Go to Top of Page

jlawton

United Kingdom
107 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2023 :  06:38:40  Show Profile  Visit jlawton's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Iain Wilkie

That's probably the program respecting the original menus.  It does happen sometimes, especially if there's been customisation.

Please go to [Settings], [Customise] and on the 'Menus' tab, reset the menus for whatever design mode you're using.  That should sort it out.

Thanks Ian, I had thought of trying that but decided on a full uninstall/re-install - the Nuclear option

John
Go to Top of Page

jlawton

United Kingdom
107 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2023 :  10:11:35  Show Profile  Visit jlawton's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I see this issue was identified and fixed in update 27.0.1

John
Go to Top of Page

jlawton

United Kingdom
107 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2024 :  12:27:29  Show Profile  Visit jlawton's Homepage  Reply with Quote
New problem, I can get the dockable search bar to be present, but it doesn't find anything at all, i.e. no results.

I appear to be logged in correctly.

Any suggestions?

John

John
Go to Top of Page

Peter Johnson

United Kingdom
493 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2024 :  13:04:35  Show Profile  Visit Peter Johnson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
That's not a known issue. I presume that you've patched to V27.0.1 after you re-installed.

Drop a note to the support desk with a copy of your support file that you get from [Help], [Support], [Support Info] then clicking on the [Report] button.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: