Help For Easy-PC Users
 PCB Layout
 Copper pads on assembly layer
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

frevoredo

Canada
21 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2009 :  14:25:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I notice that when a pad is created on the top copper layer, the same pad is placed on the assembly layer and I can't delete it without also deleting the pad on the copper layer. How do I get rid of the pad on one layer without affecting the other?

DavidM

United Kingdom
458 Posts

Posted - 09 Jan 2009 :  15:41:46  Show Profile  Visit DavidM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
When you add a pad to the special [Top] layer, it will appear on all the top-side layers on which pads are allowed. This way you will automatically get solder paste and solder mask/resist without having to define them yourself.

But in some circumstances you may want to suppress a particular pad on a certain layer, as you have described. To do this, you will need to edit the Pad Style for that pad and use the 'Add Exception' button to set the width to zero on your assembly layer.

If your pad style is used by other pads that don't want to be suppressed on the assembly layer, you would need to make a copy of the padstyle to edit, then make the pad use that new style instead.

If instead of all this you just want to stop any pads appearing on the assembly layer at all, simply find the Layer Type used by your assembly layer, and edit it to set pads to 'no'. They will then all disappear from that layer in one go.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: