All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 General Issues
 V15 bug?
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

edrees

United Kingdom
766 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2011 :  17:50:12  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Noticed problems in single screen mode with "layered" windows, - one for schematic and the other for the pcb layout. In "probe" mode (only), the windows do not behave properly, i.e. the back window does not come forward when clicked.(**). If you click in the blue top banner of the back window it works. Annoying! Anybody else seeing this problem? Didn't happen with V14.

** It does come forward briefly as long as the (left) click is depressed, but then reverts to a background window as soon as you release the left click button.

Edited by - edrees on 06 Sep 2011 09:22:01

DavidM

United Kingdom
458 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2011 :  08:01:31  Show Profile  Visit DavidM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm not seeing that behaviour, my PCB window pops in front when I click in the schematic when I've switched into cross-probe mode. So I'm thinking there must be more to this issue than meets the eye. Version of Windows is unlikely to be the cause (mine is currently XP64).

David
Go to Top of Page

edrees

United Kingdom
766 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2011 :  09:29:08  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
David, I meant when the back (inactive) window is clicked it doesn't pop forward and become the active window unless you click it in the top (blue) windows banner. Cross probing from the active window works fine (as you desibe).
Go to Top of Page

DavidM

United Kingdom
458 Posts

Posted - 26 Sep 2011 :  17:22:40  Show Profile  Visit DavidM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
So this is a straightforward attempt to switch windows, nothing to do with cross-probe mode? If that is the case, then I can't reproduce this behaviour either, I can switch between design windows just fine without having to click on the caption bar of the window. I think I must be missing a point somewhere!

David
Go to Top of Page

edrees

United Kingdom
766 Posts

Posted - 27 Sep 2011 :  14:46:09  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Having tried to reproduce the "bug", I'm now inclined to believe that it is in fact correct operation. Clicking the background PCB window in Probe mode, with the foreground schematic in SELECT selects the nearest random item on the pcb, (which brings the pcb window to the foreground) which immediately highlights the item on the schematic which then toggles the schematic window back to the foreground!

Left clicking "blank space" on the background window still selects a nearby object, which may well be hidden behind the foreground window, -even if the cursor is not on an object!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: