Help For Easy-PC Users
 General Issues
 Panel Output - fill plated drill holes issue
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

R.Redding

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2012 :  14:40:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If I create a pcb and use "plotting and printing" ...for my homemade test versions I can untick the "fill plated drill holes"...then I can go on to drill the pad and insert a rivet etc.

I've just had to create lots of little sensor boards..so I made one design and used the v15.06 panel design feature to fill a panel outline..
Now when I go to "plotting and printing" for the panel..and untick the "fill plated drill holes" as before...the holes are filled(they seem to be filled with no regard to the tick box). and alas no holes to locate my drill point.

Is this normal behavior.

Rob

DavidM

United Kingdom
458 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2012 :  14:54:57  Show Profile  Visit DavidM's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Doesn't sound like normal behaviour, you should get the same results when plotting from a panel design as from the original pcb.

In fact I've just tried it with one of our little example boards, and my panel Gerber for the top copper has the holes clearly visible in the pads.

So I suggest there may be more to the problem than meets the eye, perhaps best to create a plot job (EPJ) file and send that along with your panel design to Support (support@numberone.com) and we'll take a closer look for you.

David
Go to Top of Page

R.Redding

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2012 :  18:58:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi David ..thanks for the quick reply..

I've tried outputting the top copper layer using the varios options and it works okay for all but the windows printer option (the one I need.)

It may be a issue with my samsung printer drivers...as it does this with my main PC and my laptop.(I havent got another windows printer at the moment to test against).

I've put together a test project with all the reports and outputs and pics of what comes via the printer.. and emailed it to support.

Rob.

Edited by - R.Redding on 19 Apr 2012 19:06:26
Go to Top of Page

R.Redding

United Kingdom
18 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2012 :  12:12:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi David..

Do you know if my issue was looked into...the files I emailed.

There must be more than just me with samsung printers.. so it would be nice to know if the issue could be fixed at your end ..or wether I'll just have to write off the idea of using the panel feature.

Rob
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: