All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 General Issues
 V15 issues

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
bkurple Posted - 21 Nov 2011 : 02:26:12
I ran V15 for a while and made boards turns out it joined traces on my bottom layer with my ground plane.

I was provided a patch and while slow it seemed to fix the problem.

No for some reason it will not run at all. I tried down loading V15 again and it continued to join bottom layer traces with my ground plane--a short.

I tried running the patch again and now it will not run at all.

Any body seeing this??
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Iain Wilkie Posted - 22 Nov 2011 : 09:18:00
Sounds a bit like the copper pour on internal layers shorting problem, but that was fixed in the last rev I think .... the "copper pour verification" check in the Design rule dialogue.

Never heard of a patch to do this ????

Iain
edrees Posted - 21 Nov 2011 : 09:51:53
The only legitimate reason why the traces would be joined if they are both" netted" the same e.g. named "Gnd" or "0V". Sorry, can't comment on the "patch" but V15.0.4 seems to be OK with the tracking issue you describe.

Best to avoid using Powerplanes as some areas can become "fragmented" due to a high density of vias and this is not picked up by the DRC. Use area flood pours instead. (with thanks to Iain on this issue).