Help For Easy-PC Users
 General Issues
 V15 issues
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

bkurple

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2011 :  02:26:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I ran V15 for a while and made boards turns out it joined traces on my bottom layer with my ground plane.

I was provided a patch and while slow it seemed to fix the problem.

No for some reason it will not run at all. I tried down loading V15 again and it continued to join bottom layer traces with my ground plane--a short.

I tried running the patch again and now it will not run at all.

Any body seeing this??

edrees

United Kingdom
768 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2011 :  09:51:53  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The only legitimate reason why the traces would be joined if they are both" netted" the same e.g. named "Gnd" or "0V". Sorry, can't comment on the "patch" but V15.0.4 seems to be OK with the tracking issue you describe.

Best to avoid using Powerplanes as some areas can become "fragmented" due to a high density of vias and this is not picked up by the DRC. Use area flood pours instead. (with thanks to Iain on this issue).

Edited by - edrees on 21 Nov 2011 09:57:43
Go to Top of Page

Iain Wilkie

United Kingdom
1011 Posts

Posted - 22 Nov 2011 :  09:18:00  Show Profile  Visit Iain Wilkie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Sounds a bit like the copper pour on internal layers shorting problem, but that was fixed in the last rev I think .... the "copper pour verification" check in the Design rule dialogue.

Never heard of a patch to do this ????

Iain
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: