All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 Manufacturing Outputs
 Driving the Charmhigh CHM-T48VB P&Pmachine
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

CoastElectronics

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2023 :  12:44:42  Show Profile  Visit CoastElectronics's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I have this pick and place machine and unfortunately (for me) am pretty isolated here in darkest Bournemouth. I seek to contact any Engineer/ company out there who has used this P&P machine successfully for Easy-PC.
I realize that I may otherwise produce a method that is ill-formed and non-standard (sub-optimal). HELP!! Graham Coast

edrees

United Kingdom
768 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2023 :  12:57:27  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I don't think that the EasyPC Pick and Place CSV output file is anything special.
I believe all the required Columns are,-
Designator, X, Y, Layer, Rotation.
Sorry, can't be of further help.

Edit, I missed out the "Footprint" column, - my apologies!
(Maybe this is where the "Z" info is generated?).

Edited by - edrees on 21 Jun 2023 20:20:16
Go to Top of Page

Iain Wilkie

United Kingdom
1011 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2023 :  18:53:07  Show Profile  Visit Iain Wilkie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I often have to supply the EPC Pick and Place (component positions) file to our PCB manufacturer who never report any problems.

Iain
Go to Top of Page

edrees

United Kingdom
768 Posts

Posted - 21 Jun 2023 :  20:18:10  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Iain, the issue with this particular pick & place machine (all pick and place machines?) appears to be that it requires "Z" information as well.

If you think about it, XY info is only two dimensions and one can imagine the machine forcing "tall" components thru the pcb substrate.

Like you, I have sent hundereds of pcb files with EasyPC pick and place CSV files without any problem, but there must be somebody (AI?) post-processing this info for the "Z" dimension.
Go to Top of Page

Iain Wilkie

United Kingdom
1011 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2023 :  10:45:21  Show Profile  Visit Iain Wilkie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Hi Ed,

Yes that makes sense ..... I must ask my PCB manufacturer about that the next time out of curiosity.

Iain
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: