All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 PCB Layout
 Cannot generate reports

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert Email Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
gaztech46 Posted - 01 Mar 2020 : 10:49:27
Hi,
I have an odd problem that just surfaced today. I've been using the program for a long time with no problems. Today, I drew a pcb and tried to do a design rule check. Normally I get a report. Now I get an error message: Cannot find the C:\Program Files (x86)\Number One Systems\Easy-PC Designs Rule Check Report .txt
It asks if I want to generate a new one I say "yes" but all that does is remove the error screen.

Is this a permissions issue? Anyone know why I can't generate this report now? I guess it could be as a result of an MS Update at some point but it's weird since it was all working the last time I used the program.

Any ideas anyone? Thanks.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
gaztech46 Posted - 01 Mar 2020 : 14:05:20
Yep, it appears that I was saving everything for this PCB to the Program Files (x86) folder. I don't normally do this. In fact, I don't know why it did it. I guess I didn't specify where to save the files initially (idiot!).

I moved all the PCB files to another folder off drive C:\ and now it all works. Everthing now writes to where the files are stored.

Thanks for the reply though, It confirms what I found.
edrees Posted - 01 Mar 2020 : 12:46:07
Reports are written to a folder specified in Preferences => General.
On RHS, top third, Tick Box and "write Reports to Folder ......

Check this is a valid setting/path ?????