PCB Layout
 Cannot generate reports
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

gaztech46

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2020 :  10:49:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi,
I have an odd problem that just surfaced today. I've been using the program for a long time with no problems. Today, I drew a pcb and tried to do a design rule check. Normally I get a report. Now I get an error message: Cannot find the C:\Program Files (x86)\Number One Systems\Easy-PC Designs Rule Check Report .txt
It asks if I want to generate a new one I say "yes" but all that does is remove the error screen.

Is this a permissions issue? Anyone know why I can't generate this report now? I guess it could be as a result of an MS Update at some point but it's weird since it was all working the last time I used the program.

Any ideas anyone? Thanks.

edrees

United Kingdom
766 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2020 :  12:46:07  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Reports are written to a folder specified in Preferences => General.
On RHS, top third, Tick Box and "write Reports to Folder ......

Check this is a valid setting/path ?????
Go to Top of Page

gaztech46

United Kingdom
26 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2020 :  14:05:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep, it appears that I was saving everything for this PCB to the Program Files (x86) folder. I don't normally do this. In fact, I don't know why it did it. I guess I didn't specify where to save the files initially (idiot!).

I moved all the PCB files to another folder off drive C:\ and now it all works. Everthing now writes to where the files are stored.

Thanks for the reply though, It confirms what I found.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: