Help For Easy-PC Users
 PCB Layout
 V23 Rats Nests
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

michael.clark

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2020 :  16:59:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am currently having an issue when deleting tracks, where the rats nest disappears. In the previous version (V18) I could simply "forward design changes" from the schematic, and they would reappear. However, I am just getting the "designs are the same" dialog box, and no rats nests. Am I missing something here?

Many thanks,
Michael

Iain Wilkie

United Kingdom
1010 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2020 :  19:12:17  Show Profile  Visit Iain Wilkie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In the PCB editor go to View/Display/Settings and Highlights .... mke sure "Connections" is ticked

Iain
Go to Top of Page

edrees

United Kingdom
766 Posts

Posted - 06 Mar 2020 :  22:41:30  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
....and then try " Optimise nets" again.
Go to Top of Page

edrees

United Kingdom
766 Posts

Posted - 07 Mar 2020 :  10:30:26  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just wondering on your Settings=>Preferences=>PCB Interaction.
DELETE can also delete the connectivity and so the "elastic band" will also be deleted. Using BACKSPACE instead overcomes this issue and only removes a segment of track,keeping the connectivity.
Forward Design Change from Schematic may not solve the issue as nothing in the schematic has changed. Try Tools=> Integrity Check first.

Go to Top of Page

michael.clark

United Kingdom
3 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2020 :  10:36:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi both,

Thank you for your replies. Tools -> Optimise Nets followed by selecting the nets in question fixed the issue.

Many thanks,
Michael
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: