All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 Manufacturing Outputs
 solder mask on added test-pads?
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mgm

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2016 :  15:41:59  Show Profile  Visit mgm's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I seem to have an issue with solder mask on pads I have added as test pads. I state test pad on the properties yet seem to have solder mark over the top of these pads? This is a multilayer board and has top and bottom solder/paste masks.

Any thoughts?

edrees

United Kingdom
766 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2016 :  15:48:44  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It is unlikely that you have solder resist on top of the pads, so I am assuming that you have solder paste on the test pads.

Go to the Design Tech=>Layer Types and there you can edit what does/doesn't have a (solder) Paste Mask. I suspect that "All Layer Pads" is set to "Yes".
(If you have Solder Resist on the pads you can change the settings here too).
Go to Top of Page

Iain Wilkie

United Kingdom
1010 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2016 :  09:27:55  Show Profile  Visit Iain Wilkie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Also, if your test pad has a "style" you can edit the size of any resist or paste size for these pads.

Iain
Go to Top of Page

markpsu

USA
67 Posts

Posted - 21 Nov 2016 :  14:05:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, I had this situation as well mgm. I had sent my gerbers off and the pads were covered with mask which would have been disastrous, luckily my board house caught it. The fix was just as edrees suggested. I'm not sure how the settings came to be that way as it's never exported mask on a plated pad before but now I know to look for it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: