Help For Easy-PC Users
 Manufacturing Outputs
 Drill Hole Size DRC
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

neilh

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2017 :  20:16:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I'm going through the final process on DRC and checking with the manufacturer's hole sizes. I realized I started to include a hole size that I can use on 4L but not supported on 2L.
I'm trying to find a DRC setting to specify the minimal acceptable drill size.

Just wondering if anybody knows if there is one?

I feel there should be one, but I don't seem to find a place for it.
I can see the Design Status Report that tells me how many there are - but not where they are and how to generate it.
I'm actually generating a DRC error it by changing the annular hole size on the via with the smallest hole to generate an error - but that could have other impacts.
Many thanks for any pointers.

Iain Wilkie

United Kingdom
1010 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2017 :  21:36:36  Show Profile  Visit Iain Wilkie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There is no way of specifying a minimum hole size. In fact this allows you to set a hole size of zero if you want no hole at all. You could of course set up hole sizes you wish to use in different technology files, I.e 4 layer technology and 2 layer technology.

Iain
Go to Top of Page

neilh

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2017 :  22:13:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks - thats why I couldn't find it :)
It is working for me to have adjusted the annular ring size of the smaller via, that then causes an error. Then I can visually examine pads again.
The issue overall of course is that I need to meet a spec - all drill holes a certain size or larger
Neil
Go to Top of Page

Iain Wilkie

United Kingdom
1010 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2017 :  09:52:03  Show Profile  Visit Iain Wilkie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You can set up your minimum annular ring in the Design Technology "Rules" tab.
which will cancel your DRC error.

Iain

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: