Help For Easy-PC Users
 Manufacturing Outputs
 Generating build component plots
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

neilh

USA
23 Posts

Posted - 19 Apr 2017 :  15:27:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi, I wonder if anybody knows of some software (or a report) that I can generate to be able to define how to build a board manually for first prototypes, circuit verification testing, pre-manufacturing .
For the case that I have of a completed EasyPc PCB and BOM (nice reports), what I do right now for the prototype board, is to do it manually.
<begin build planning>
I generate a plot of the PCB component silkscreen - make it fit a standard sheet of paper A4/8.5x11" - make copies.
Then I take line items, components on the BOM, and plot them manually in colour on the paper sheet. Typically I have 10useable colour pens, and I can make this stretch to about 15 easily identifiable coloured components.
Then I repeat, manually till I finish all placeable/cookable items for a PCB.
I might generate a separate sheet for items that can't be reflowed.
<end build planning>
Then I receive back the proto PCB + paste mask & components (all labeled with r board#component.)
Finally, build day comes: I apply the paste to the board.
Then, manually from the <build planning> sheets, I place components on the board.
Finally, I take it to the oven and cook it.
For an early protoype board doing circuit verification testing this is essential. However the <build planning> process is time consuming, and seems like it could be automated. For a pick'n'place production run it is automated, but with a large setup time.
So I wonder if anybody has seen any productivity software that could help with a manual <build planning>.
Thanks for any insights
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: