Help For Easy-PC Users
 Libraries and Components
 Library Models / Graphics / 3d
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

G.Walker

3 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2007 :  09:20:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
hi
Having created various graphics models for 2D PCB viewing , I have recently encountered difficulty with the shape draw order when using multishape models .
I currently find the only way to create the required model is to create the shapes separately and then select , drag and drop in position in the order , bottom to top so that the last selected shape is on top before saving to the library.
Has the procedure changed in V10 onwards ?

3D models :
I am going crazy trying to create an SOT23 ,3 pin package .
The 5 pin { Op amp } package using the DIL package style works fine but the 3 pin { diode etc }always ends up as a 4 pin with the body shape rotated by 90 degrees.

Is there a way of creating new package styles with CAD software
or are we limited by the existing range of styles .

P.S. some of the 3D library models seem to be empty - why is that ?

Regards .

Peter Johnson

United Kingdom
493 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2007 :  08:33:44  Show Profile  Visit Peter Johnson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The 2D modelling introduced in V8 was generally unpopular because of the amount of work required to produce new symbols. As a result, it hasn't been developed. Instead the 3D modelling was introduced in V9, and has proved to be much more successful. So the answer to your question is that stacking the shapes is the correct way to prioritise them, and this is unlikely to change.

There are some issues with potential conflicts within the 3D libraries, but I don't think that your 3-pin opamp is failing because of this. It should certainly be getting the pin count right, so you may wish to email the relevant libraries (normal and package) into support for further investigation. Don't send any libraries that are the same as the default ones, just any modified and custom ones.

At the moment there's no external way of creating new package styles. Email a request with details of any generic ones we've missed, please.

None of the models should be empty. please let us know which ones so we can explain or correct it. Thank you.

Peter Johnson
Technical Support
Number One Systems
Go to Top of Page

G.Walker

3 Posts

Posted - 10 Apr 2007 :  06:22:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Re: 3D library problems .

Re-installing the libraries seems to have cured the problems encountered , and the missing models have reappeared , just a few edits required to correct models in our own libraries . It seems like library corruption probably due to the recent change over to new computers !

regards.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: