All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 Libraries and Components
 Eagle Libraries
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Moby

United Kingdom
15 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2007 :  10:17:02  Show Profile  Visit Moby's Homepage  Reply with Quote
If you download the free version of Eagle you can use it to import Eagle libraries into EasyPC as I have just found out.
Apart from the ones on the Cadsoft site there are lots to be found on the web. For example: http://www.opencircuits.com/SFE_Footprint_Library_Eagle

Try googling for some more.

Obviously consider any copyright issues.

Edited by - Moby on 12 Apr 2007 10:22:56

Peter Johnson

United Kingdom
493 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2007 :  12:46:06  Show Profile  Visit Peter Johnson's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, that's quite correct. Full details are given in the online help. Just put the search string 'Eagle' in, and it will come up. You DO need the demo version of Eagle installed, as the libraries first need to be exported into a format that Easy-PC can read. After that it's much the same as recovering component and symbol information from a design.

Regarding the intellectual property rights, obviously the library parts aren't ours, so we couldn't convert them and ship them with Easy-PC . By their licence terms you need to be an Eagle user to use the ones supplied by them - but then you've got the demo installed, so you qualify. Any third party ones you find on the web will have their own conditions attached.
Equally, you could use them in Eagle designs and ship them to third parties, or there wouldn't be much point in having them. The same exemption should cover you for passing Easy-PC designs on as well, though I'm not a lawyer, so don't rely on my opinion..
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: