Help For Easy-PC Users
 Libraries and Components
 Will not load or save Design Tech File
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PeteJG

United Kingdom
51 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2017 :  10:23:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've put up with this for a while now but I'd really like a solution to why EZPC simply refuses to find the predefined Technology file, even though the file itself appears fine and the file path is absolutely correct? For example, if I try to load in a symbol for editing it says it can't find the tech file and I have to load it in without it.

I read in a previous topic that going into Settings, Folders, Technology Files, then hitting Edit and Cancel cleared the problem, but not here. I can click on the tech file in question, hit Edit and it comes up fine, but if I try to save it it says "Failed to save document". It also says this for ALL other files, even the Default one.

Am I missing some setting or something, or is my install messed up somehow? Mine is V19 if that helps.

Iain Wilkie

United Kingdom
1010 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2017 :  11:23:00  Show Profile  Visit Iain Wilkie's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Might be a windows issue rather than EasyPC ?

Iain
Go to Top of Page

ianafh

United Kingdom
25 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2017 :  11:31:48  Show Profile  Visit ianafh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Try running EasyPC as administrator, then saving the files.

Something in the back of my mind says that was the workaround at the time. I think you only need to do it once.

Ian.
Go to Top of Page

PeteJG

United Kingdom
51 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2017 :  16:23:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes I've hit the "throws up strange behaviour unless you're an administrator" problem before with other software. I am therefore running my machine as an Administrator, so sadly it's not that.
Go to Top of Page

ianafh

United Kingdom
25 Posts

Posted - 15 Nov 2017 :  16:34:17  Show Profile  Visit ianafh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Pete, that's not quite what I was trying to say. Right click on easyPC and select run as administrator. It's not the same as being logged in as the system administrator.

Ian.
Go to Top of Page

PeteJG

United Kingdom
51 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2017 :  17:44:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi. Sorry, didn't see this reply till now. Right, ok, done that ......

Er, nope! If run as you suggest, then start a completely new project and create a new schematic, all is well and it apparently finds the tech file I choose to go with it at that point. Sounds good so far but it did that before. If I then try to create a new shape with the wizard, I still get the "Unable to open technology file "default.ptf" even though I selected that one to go with the schematic file and it apparently found it then.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: