All Forums
 Help For Easy-PC Users
 PCB Layout
 Track spacing when moving components
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

DB17

32 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2018 :  16:01:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In my PCB design, when I drag a component, the tracks on a layer stay tied to the component pads, which is great. But I find that the tracks connected to those pads aren't redrawn to keep adjacent nets separate when I move a component. This means that tracks are shorted to each other and have to be manually redrawn.

I thought that having the track spacing set to "10" in Settings/Design Technology/Spacings meant that the tracks would be re-drawn to maintain those spacings. Am I missing the way of enabling this feature?

(Apologies for posting so many questions. I 'm consulting the manual and program help menu but can't find the solutions.)

edrees

United Kingdom
766 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2018 :  16:20:37  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The 10 is for Design Rule checking if you track copper closer than 10 it will flag up an error when you do a Design Rule Check.

It's not interactively auto-routing your board for you, so why would you expect it to shift all the other tracks if you drag other tracks across them?

Go to Top of Page

DB17

32 Posts

Posted - 28 Aug 2018 :  16:46:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by edrees

The 10 is for Design Rule checking if you track copper closer than 10 it will flag up an error when you do a Design Rule Check.

It's not interactively auto-routing your board for you, so why would you expect it to shift all the other tracks if you drag other tracks across them?

EasyPC gives a warning when you attempt to join tracks with different net names at pads so I thought that the software might be capable of differentiating between tracks with different names when it came to routing. I also saw that when I tried "Smooth Tracks", tracks with different names aren't redrawn over each other.

Not to worry, I'll continue to redraw them manually when I move a component. Thanks for your help.
Go to Top of Page

edrees

United Kingdom
766 Posts

Posted - 29 Aug 2018 :  09:24:31  Show Profile  Visit edrees's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
I also saw that when I tried "Smooth Tracks", tracks with different names aren't redrawn over each other.

Although it says "Smooth Tracks", only 1 track can be smoothed at a time and only if it can do so without causing any Design Rule Errors. Same applies with "Pull Tight Tracks".

(I say without causing any DREs, but I think these can produce Acid Traps!).
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Jump To: